Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head SC
Palmetto Dunes is a 2000 acre resort/residential community and is one of the most visited on the Island. When you consider the three miles of beach, the three championship courses designed by Fazio, Trent Jones, and Arthur Hill, the twenty-five court Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, and Shelter Cove Harbour - the largest deep water harbour on the Island - surrounded by Fine restaurants, shops, and villas, it is no wonder Palmetto Dunes is so popular!
One of the unique features of this plantation is the twelve mile lagoon
system, fed by the waters of Broad Creek, which meanders by the homes and
villas and is great for canoeing and fishing. The Leamington area of
Palmetto Dunes, behind its own Security gate is the most exclusive section
of the resort. The home sites have the challenging Arthur Hills Course and
Clubhouse as their centerpiece! In addition, located across from the
Arthur Hills Clubhouse is a recreational center with pool, baby pool,
pavilion, and boat dock on the lagoon system as well as a Beach Pavilion
providing Leamington residents direct access to the Atlantic Ocean! The
Beach Pavilion has a large sun deck, restrooms, storage, and
- Golf-three courses (54 holes) open to the public
- Tennis - 25 court center and neighborhood courts
- Swimming - pools in all visitor areas
- Beach - 3 miles
- Marina - 1
- Hotels - Hilton and Marriott
- Fishing - Lagoon, creek, and deep water. Charters available.
- Sailing - Rentals, lessons available
- Bike Paths - 6 miles
- Shopping - major area at marina
- Access - Controlled - residential areas, property owners only
- Club Information - Call for complete details of plans available and cost.